I put 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil in a pan and fried up 1/2 a large onion, and a clove of garlic until it was tender (around 5 minutes or so)
I then put all of the following plus the ones above together in a bowl and whisked them with a wire whisk--
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg whites, you must separate the yolks from the whites!
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced (that was my own little addition)
- 3/4 cup medium chedder cheese (I should have used mozerella, but didn't have any)
- 1 cup (packed) Spinach with stems removed (I should have used baby spinach, but didn't have any)
- 2 Tbsp. 2% Milk (I should have used 1% milk, but you know....I didn't have any)
- Salt To Taste
If you want to see the pin and the source I used, click here!
Simple - 10 /10 (Even Amelia Bedelia can handle that one)
Healthy - 7/10 (because of the cheese)
Tasty - 7/10 (without the red bell pepper it would have been very bland, at least to my taste)
Family Appeal - 6/10 (husband turned it down)
Budget Friendly - 7/10 (eggs and cheese, had to throw away 3 yolks, although I'm sure there is something on Pinterest to show me how to use those 3 yolks somewhere else, so I won't waste them!)
I give it an overall rating of 37/50, with simplicity being the most appealing!