Since ACV is a diluted acid, it may contribute to changes in the body's ph balance, making it easier to absorb the nutrients it takes in during meals. Apparently ACV does a great job doing that as well as possibly activating digestive enzymes which will, in turn, break down carbohydrates to sugar. This will slow down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream and gives the body more time to pull sugar out of the blood. Wow, a potential godsend for those prone to blood sugar spikes and diabetes. Another thing I've heard but not sure it is scientifically proven is that it is a great metabolic booster and aids in weight loss. That would be great, since it is a lot more cost effective than many weight loss secrets! One thing to be careful about is taking ACV straight. It is highly acidic and could erode the enamel on your teeth. Taking it with water or juice is highly recommended. Also make sure it is the cloudy kind - the more murky and brown, the better! The label should read organic, unprocessed, or unfiltered. The standard dose is 1 - 2 tablespoons mixed with water or juice. It also may be mixed with organic honey at a 50:50 ratio
Now here are some things that people are saying about ACV. Take these suggestions at your own best disgression -
- Gets rid of toe fungus by saturating area with ACV
- 1 Tbsp before meal for dramatically lowered blood pressure
- 1 Tbsp before meal for natural weight loss
- When mixed with honey 50/50 will cure ulcers
- cures and prevents bladder infections
- Use it to remove problematic moles and warts
- Cures and prevents Shingles
- Cures Acid Reflux
- Kills Lice (Wash hair, clothing and bedding with it)
- When taken with honey (50:50) cures sore and achy muscles.
- Take it to get rid of sugar cravings
- Increases Energy
- Prevents Cancer
- Gets rid of watery eyes
- Drink 2 oz. of vinegar to save life if you are allergic to bee stings and get stung
- Cures the common cold. Drink 2 tsp of ACV in glass of water at the first symptoms and do several times/day.
- Clears up acne
- Cures hot flashes and balances hormones
- Strengthens hair, fingernails, collagen and cartilage
- Takes sting from sunburn and prevents peeling
- Take ACV diluted during flu season to prevent the flu!
Disclaimer: I have not tried all of these suggested uses and am only repeating what has been told to me and what I have read in testimonials. Use at your own disgression! I intend to do the same!